Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reunion Tour



Growing up I always had a facination with "theme" parties. Unfortunately, no one else seemed to share my burning desire and I was vetoed over and over again. Except for the notable exception of my 18th Birthday. My friends actually threw a spoof "theme" party: it was a bridal shower.

The theme gene must run deep in the family, because my brother/boss decided that our company's preimere event, Reunion Tour (a 2 day executive retreat with abt. 200 people)was going to have a different theme every year--Olympics 2006, Hollywood 2008, New York City 2009.

With 2 other retreats back to back in September and October, and really having no official staff to help me (people pitched in at the end and saved me, but it wasn't really their job to make it happen) this year was complete insanity. Speakers, gifts, av, video production, nametags, rotation, manual, games, sponsors, and I could just go on and on for pages. Many late nights later--and a couple where I didn't go to bed at all--it miraculously came together and was a hit ! Someone told us it was "flawless" and I basked in that compliment for days!















9 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Wow--you're seven kinds of amazing!

(But are you sure that was your 18th b-day party? I seem to remember going to it when I married with two kids and had nothing in common with anyone else in the room--they discussed dating and finals, while all I had to contribute was stories about my baby's diaper rash and the latest layoffs at Novell. And I wasn't 18 with two kids. :D

Joni said...

The pictures look awesome. I think you should probably send me more. As insane as it sounds...I'm totally jealous and wish that I would have been there and that I could have put together the books and all that crazy stuff. I know, very odd to miss something like that but I do. I heard you did an incredible job. I'm so proud of you!

Naoma said...

Nice Job Sarah!! I need to come and just see on eof these events... You are amazing! Also Thank you soooo much for everything you have done for us lately, I do not know what I would do w/o you!!!!!

drb42 said...

Enjoyed the pictures! Wish school teachers had that much fun!!:)

Ryan and Lori said...

Wow. I'd love to learn how to do what you do....and do it so well. That looks amazing! I love the banners! It looks like a very fun group too.

Aim said...

You are amazing, that looks like so much fun. I love theme parties! Looks like everybody must have had fun, I have no idea how anyone would pull off something for 200 people.

Melinda said...

Oh wow!! It looks like you guys did a great job. I love the theme and your outfits. :)
Hope you are well.
Oh and you are SO beautiful!

Jamie said...

You are amazing! It looks like one big party! I got the book. I'm giving to Alan for Christmas so, I have to wait to read it when he's done. Can't wait.

Also, I need your address so I can send you our Christmas card. For some reason, I can't find it.

Love ya'!

Hannah said...

Wow, Sarah, looks like you did a great job on your reunion! I love the themes too, but Mike will never let me throw any kind of party for him, so I'm just going to have to wait till Sam's a little older and then I can go nuts.
By the way, I love the "What Not TO Wear" post. Why don't you wear that super cute dress to church? It's so cute on you!