Sunday, June 10, 2007

New Things


I've never been the kind of person that picks up new things easily. Whether it's a dance step, a new recipe, or figuring out my cell phone, where others soar, I have a long climb up a very steep mountain before getting it right.

Figuring out this blog has been no different, despite the patience and longsuffering of my sister Naoma in helping me, I'd no sooner get it pulled together than I'd lose it (several times over). The upside to my incompetance, however, in that once I do figure it out, I tend to remember it forever.

When people suggested trying blogging, I said I couldn't ever imagine doing it (mostly because I'd have to go to the trouble of figuring out how to do it) but I've enjoyed friend's and family's blogs so much that I'm taking the plunge. I like the set-up where you get to talk about what you are thinking about instead of giving a running update of everything going on in your life (like I always seem to feel I need to do in an email update). Also, only the people who want to read it will read it.

As a child, I had a deep and abiding aversion to change and new experiences (I had a nervous breakdown every time my parents talked about moving which happened at least twice a year), but as I get older I developed strange cravings for "something new" so I am officially setting foot on previously unchartered territory.

5 comments:

Emmie said...

Welcome to blogland, dearest Sam! I'm so looking forward to reading your writing.

Naoma said...

I am so excited that you got it working!!! Thanks for putting together the sisters night on friday it was a blast. Just what we all needed! We will see you soon.

Annette Lyon said...

Echoing Em here--welcome to Blogland, Sammy dearest! can't wait to read more! Love the layout you picked.

Marcie Hill said...

Sarah you are an inspiration as always! I will be a faithful reader...and might even get on the blog wagon myself too :)

Holly said...

Sarah, I'm so glad I will get to catch up what you are up to and to read what you are thinking in those moments that make you sit down and type away. I don't know how often I'll check in though because your blog like those of other special people in my life makes me teary and there's only so much of that I can take (because I even cry watching super nanny). Love ya.